Monday 24 March 2014

Researching 'The Assassination's' existing dvd case - Colours:

I have decided to research into the original colours used on the Assassination's movie poster/Dvd sleeve to see what those colours are trying to convey.
Here I have extracted each of the main colours from this DVD case to show which colours the designer of this piece used when considering this film. 

I have used arrows and colour squares to direct which pantone each colour is. 
I ahve highlighted the 5 main colours on the cover which are a mustardy yellow, a lime green, an orange, pale blue and a darker, denim blue.
The main artwork featured on this cover is the school's badge which is a typically shield, the designer has chosen to put each of the character's faces inside each part of the shield which is very creative and genius. 
 The 5 fundamental colour choices to me suggest this is a younger film, or a children's film which is far from what it is, it is actually a stern aged 15.