Monday 17 March 2014

Poster spy:

Films are something which are close to my heart, one of my hobbies is watching the classic films, I see it as a personally mission to have seen all of the great films, I am also interested into films by famous directors and the different ways alternative personalities can execute a story in a successful way.

The movie posters are something which generally do a very good job at enticing audiences into wanting to watch the movie, they usually explain the story, very briefly and visually, but mainly just create a reason for the audience to 'bite' and become interested in this film.

The film greats such as:
  • The Shawshank Redemption
  • The Godfather
  • The Godfather: Part II 
  • The Dark Knight
  • Pulp Fiction
For example already have incredible film posters created at the time of release, but fans and designers see these films as such great hits that they'd to have a go at designing for their favorite films them selves, and create what is known as an 'unofficial alternative movie poster'.
Here are two of my favorite sources for finding alternative movie posters,  I feel researching this will benefit me as I am to create an alternative movie poster for my film.
Facebook
Poster spy is a relatively new source for alternative movie posters, it has a facebook page which regularly added to and updated, the fan base still remains rather small on this site, but they make use of a proper website which I imagine gets more hits.

This lower screen shot shows the amount of alternative posters that Poster spy have and shows how regularly they update their facebook account with stunning new pieces of design.
Big on Facebook, poster spy regularly posts alternative movie posters onto their facebook account. I have liked this page on facebook for over a few months now and I'm a thrilled every time I see that the page has uploaded a new design.

Website
In comparison to Alternative movie poster's website, http://www.alternativemovieposters.com/, Poster spy's is very lack-luster and it is quite difficult to actually find the collection of movie posters, compared to Alternative movie posters website.

The site displays lots of large thumbnails of their movie posters, a layout which a lover of film couldn't resist clicking on.