Monday 17 March 2014

Imagery relating from the initial film research:

I have chosen to research further into the words which came up from research the film title and also the synopsis as a way to give my self imagery which I can use in my designs.

This method of googling the words which come to mind will implant visual connections in my head and most importantly, take away the current images which come to mind after hearing the title of the film, to ensure I create designs which are different from already finished ones. 
High school:
Typing the words High school into google brings up the typical expectation of an American high school, The colour green is seen a lot and buildings are also involved.
High school musical characters appear as that is a massively popular American film.
Assassination
Google searching the word assassination brings up lots of people who have been recently assassinated/murdered, not a pretty sight, and not one which directly relates to the film, as the twist in my given film is that no one actually gets 'assassinated' and murdered, they are shot with a paintball gun which doesn't kill any of the characters.
This is the reason why the simple iconography behind the word assassinate wouldn't suffice for my movie poster, as it is overly misleading and doesn't represent the story of the film well.
Education
Obviously school/high school has connotations to education and learning, so for this reason I searched for imagery that surrounded education, the main results were books, pages and graduation hats, apples are also iconic of education. I must find a way to make these relevant to my film poster if necessary.