Wednesday 30 October 2013

News article analysis and comparison:


Reading both the Daily Mirror and also the Independent's "I" about both stories which are the Ukrainian terrorist named Pavlo Lapshyn and another story about a terrorist female known as the 'White Widow'.
I chose these two stories, one because each story could be found in both newspapers, so it was interesting to see how each paper reported about them differently, and secondly due to the fact that I am interested in how the tabloids reveal the news to the public and their reactions, and I felt these two stories would be very emotive. 
I wrote many notes corresponding to the information I discovered reading each article, the red font represents my take on the quotes from the Mirror and the Blue, that of the I.
I analysed the tone of voice used in each newspaper to pick out differences between each, and give myself an idea of how each paper communicated it's stories.